The Northern Arizona Watercolor Society
2017 Spring Exhibition
Show Dates: May 5th – May 23rd (10 am - 5 pm)
Venue: Special Exhibition Gallery at the Sedona Arts Center
15 Art Barn Road • Sedona, Arizona 86336
Deadline for Receipt of Entries: Tuesday, March 1st, 2017
- March 1st: Deadline for receipt of images and related material
- April 4th: Acceptance List available
- May 4th: Take-in of accepted work, 10 am - 12 pm (same as Location of Exhibition)
- May 5th: Show Opens at 10:00 am
- May 5th: First Friday Reception 5 pm - 8pm
- May 19th: Reception and Awards Presentation by Juror, 5 pm - 8 pm
- May 24th: Pick up artwork between 10 am - 12 pm
Entry Fees (non-refundable) due with Entry Form & Images
1 Entry: $20
2 Entries: $30
3 Entries: $35
The Spring Exhibition is open to NAWS members whose dues are current. Non-members may enter by paying membership dues of $35 (Join Now) and entry fees. Entries must be original, entirely the work of the unsupervised entrant. Copies, prints and digitally produced material of any kind are not allowed. Entries must have been completed in the past 2 years.
All paintings must be executed in water media defined as: watercolor paints, gouache, inks, watercolor crayons, watercolor pencils, egg tempera and casein. Water-soluble oils and acrylics are not acceptable.
Approved Papers and Supports
Watercolor paper & board, Yupo, clayboard, watercolor canvas and oriental papers. Collage is acceptable using plain white papers painted with water-based media by the artist. Not approved are masonite, canvas and wood.
Sitting the show: Artists who have work in the show are required to sit at the gallery one shift. If you are unable to sit, you must find another person to take your place.
All entries must be priced for sale for insurance purposes which includes 20% donation to NAWS and AZ Sales Tax if sold. Checks are written to the artist or PayPal can be used by selecting "PayPal Purchase" on the NAWS website menu.
Frames must be simple but sturdy enough to support the art’s weight and be appropriately wired (no saw-toothed hangers), ready to display with a clean, professional appearance. Darks, neutrals or white & off- white mats may be used. Liners or filets, if used may be colored. Any scratched, damaged and or soiled framing will be refused. The artist will have until 4p.m. at Take-In to fix the problem.
Paintings must be protected with Plexiglass, glass or spray varnish. If glass is used the finished frame size can be no larger than 616 sq. inches, due to weight. Do not put glass on a shipped painting.
Paintings on Watercolor Canvas or clayboard do not need matting and glazing.
Minimum image size of 80 sq.in. Maximum frame height: 44”. Maximum frame width: 44”.
How to Enter
Selection of artwork by our juror will be from digital images.
There are three steps to submitting an entry:
1. Fill out the entry form:
2. Pay for your entries with PayPal:
3. Email images to Sandra Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prepare Your Images:
- File Format for Images: jpeg
- Image Size: 300 dpi (approximately 5 x 7)
- File Name: The first 4 letters of your last name followed by the first 3 letters of your first name, then the entry number and last the painting's title.
- EXAMPLE: Betty Smith's 1st entry: smitbet.1.snowball.jpg
Delivery of Artwork
Accepted paintings must be hand delivered on
Wednesday, May 4th, 2017 between 10 am & 12 Noon to:
SAC Special Exhibition Gallery
15 Art Barn Road
Sedona, AZ 86336
Shipped paintings must arrive by April 30th, 2017 and are to be sent to:
908 Cliff Rose Court
Sedona, AZ 86336
Questions about the Spring Exhibition?
E-mail or phone:
Linda Sherman, Chair
Marsha Owen, Co-Chair